Antler chews are natural, healthy, odor-free and long-lasting chew toys that will help keep your dog entertained, while keeping his teeth clean.
Antlers chews have some advantages over other chew options. Antler chews are long-lasting- they last much longer than bully sticks or chews made of compacted starch or rawhide. They are also less likely to chip or splinter when they are being chewed than processed bones.
The chewing action grinds the antler chew down slowly. Please use caution with aggressive chewers.
And antler chews from Barkley’s are natural, the very best quality, and contain no artificial ingredients. They also have no odor, and won’t discolor furniture or carpeting. And they are very economical.
Our natural antler chews are a natural source of essential minerals such as:
- Collagen (good for bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage)
- Lipids (essential for growth and development)
- Glucosamine (good for joints and tissue)
- Calcium and phosphorous (benefits bones and teeth)
- Iron (for healthy blood cells)
- Potassium (for nerve and muscle function)
- Magnesium (aids in storing and releasing energy)
This dog chew also promotes a healthier coat and cleans teeth.
Is your dog new to Antlers? When giving your dog an antler (or any hard dog chew) many trainers recommend the following:
- Supervise your dog.
- Be very careful giving hard chews (such as antlers) to aggressive chewers as it is possible they could break a tooth.
- Do not allow your dog to attempt to break the chew in half with his back teeth.
- Do not allow your dog to consume more than 1/2″ to 1″ per day.
- If you need to get the antler away from your dog and he doesn’t respond to the “drop it” command, you can trade him for it, with a treat (such as a piece of meat or cheese).