Yappy Hour, dog birthdays and more
When people ask us why we decided to open Barkley’s, we tell them about our family experience. Bringing rescued pets into our home and loving them like family has opened our hearts, brought us in touch with the community and, most assuredly, added to the fun factor in our lives. Now, we want to share the wealth of good feeling that has elevated our family life.
That’s why when you walk into Barkley’s, you’ll notice right away: This isn’t just a store, it’s a community center. Come in for Yappy Hour, dog birthdays and kid birthdays. Catch a seminar on pet care topics. Bring in a lonely soul who needs to adopt a new best friend. Scan our community wall for the local service you need, or post your favorite new photo of Felix.
Healthy food is a Barkley’s hallmark
You know the deal. Open a can of that putrid brown goo sold as dog or cat food in the supermarkets, and… Peee-yew! It’s a nasal assault!
You’ll find none of that at Barkley’s. Healthy pet food is our primary focus. We offer foods that look good, smell delightful and taste heavenly. In fact, we’ve been known to pop a tidbit or two of Wiley’s food into our own mouths because it smelled so darned good while cooking.
Barkley’s foods will enhance and extend the life of your pet. And because your dog or cat will be eating better, you can expect fewer eye infections, hot spots, digestive issues, and food allergies… not to mention, fewer veterinarian bills.
Just look at the food choices you’ll find:
- Homemade Assembled Foods – Our all-natural prepared foods are baked on premises and stored in the refrigerated and freezer sections of the store. Choose pork, beef, peas, carrots, brown rice, whatever your pet loves. The only difference between Barkley’s homemade pet food and human food is seasoning. There are no sauces; no garlic, basil or even salt. It’s pure beef, chicken or pork, smoked or dried, and offered with a selection of cooked vegetables.
- Pre-Packaged Foods are selected for their taste and nutrition and sold in regular or bulk quantities.
- Raw Diet Products, found in our freezer section, come in pasteurized and unpasteurized varieties.
- Treats – Our bones are the real thing, from local farms, not manufactured rawhide. There’s also beef or chicken jerky and a mouth-drooling assortment of special biscuits, baked right here in small, super-fresh batches to be sold the same day.
It’s less costly than you think
If you think Barkley’s food portions look smaller than the grocery store options you’re used to serving, you’re right. But that doesn’t mean you’re paying more for less. Our foods are packed with nutrition, not pumped with fillers and empty calories. Sure we have high-end products, but you’ll find items for every budget. We cater to your pet’s specific needs while respecting your budget.
Confused by the choices?
Tell us about your pet’s health issues, known food preferences or medication conflicts. We can help you select the foods that will enhance your pet’s diet.
And remember: No matter what food you buy at Barkley’s, you can always get a trial size before buying regular or bulk quantities.
In addition to food, Barkley’s is a pet boutique, with products displayed on decorated tables, in baskets, and on accessible shelving. Choose from:
- Beds, collars, leashes, coats and bandanas
- Travel bags, car-seat covers, crates, food and water bowls
- Biscuits, bones and chews
- Grooming supplies
- Vitamins and supplements
- Cat litter boxes, towers and posts
Birthdays, Valentine’s, Christmas. Whatever the occasion, consider a Barkley’s gift basket for your pet, or for a pet-loving person you know. Select the contents yourself, or tell us about the pet and pet parents and we’ll build the basket for you.
- Home delivery. If you live in Flemington proper or within three miles, we’ll bring your order to your home at no extra cost.
- Loading. Can’t manage that 40-pound bag of food? No problem. Just swing the car around and we’ll load it in for you.